PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position reports to the Assistant Director of the Employer Relations Team and develops intensive, focused, and purposeful relationships with external partners for the creation of new internships and experiential learning opportunities. Position will create, coordinate, and implement programs to positively affect retention and persistence goals as well as programs to connect students to a strong career focused network of professionals, mentors, and others in the community.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL:
- Ability to work with individuals and groups and prepare and deliver presentations.
- Must be proficient with technology such as Symplicity, Social Media, or other recruitment related software and interested in identifying and adopting technological advances in the field.
- Well-developed interpersonal marketing and communications skills.
- Must be able to make decisions and work independently, as well as in team situations.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business development, marketing, or other relevant degree required, Master’s preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in a career services, outplacement, recruiting, HR, or higher education environment strongly preferred.
- Experience developing/managing educational and training events and programs
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
A. PROGRAMMING AND EVENT MANAGEMENT (40%):
- Manages the development and implementation of Networking Programs that includes a strong alumni presence such as the shadowing/informational interviewing program and other newly created partnerships with key personnel across the university
- Manages and expands the UNCG Spartans Network, partnering with Alumni Relations and the Alumni Association to expand membership, scope, interactions, and authority
- Spearheads the development and implementation of company and geographic learning treks utilizing new partnerships created with parents, alumni, and other external partners
- Assists in the staffing of campus career fairs each year
- Manages the internship scholarship process and interviews
B. RELATIONSHIP DEVELOPMENT AND MANAGEMENT: (30%)
- Responsible for the development of new relationships with parents and alumni with specific outcomes relating to new internship and experiential learning opportunities as well as expanded networking programs for the university; seeks to develop a strong pipeline of opportunities for all academic programs at UNCG
- Manages graduate assistants on the employer relations team; develops key performance indicators, coaches, and provides a solid learning experience
- Conducts data mining for lead generation for internships and jobs relevant to the UNCG population through review of print, electronic, and related media job sites. Includes contact with off-campus employers in the Triad area and state-wide.
- Assists in the development and initiation of employer contacts on behalf of the Employer Team lead.
- Working with employers and alumni across all industries, gather and incorporate employment trends, professional skills demanded, and other important information into “brand programs” as well as funnel information back to Career Development Team through trainings, meetings, or other information providing venues.
C. SPECIALIZED PROJECTS/OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES (30%):
- Researches and stays informed on hiring practices, employment trends and other labor related issues.
- Responsible for the creation and monitoring of a process to maintain top quality candidates at UNCG
- Reviews and approves job postings, informational session requests, and on-campus recruitment requests.
- Assists the career team in other projects assigned.
- Assists in the collection of relevant data to support office trending analysis, reports and student learning.
- Participates in University events including orientations, open house and other functions to promote and represent the Career Services Center
To apply, please go to jobsearch.uncg.edu
Position # 999348