Assistant Director for Alumni & Parent Engagement
Center for Career Development
Davidson College, Davidson, NC
The Center for Career Development seeks a new Assistant Director for Alumni & Parent Engagement to extend our abilities to connect with these constituent groups and deliver new opportunities to our current students. The person in this role will develop new employer-based programming for the students, seek to expand the connections we have with existing partners, identify company-based diversity initiatives, and oversee communication between our office and campus partners. In addition, this role would expand our ability to do other employer relations work and career counseling.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Engage Alumni and Parents in Career Programming and Career Networking Initiatives
- Create new on-campus programming events, leveraging our local network of alumni and parents and those who travel to campus for special events.
- Lead the Job Shadowing program, a program that brings students into contact with alumni and parents across the country.
- Track alumni and parent engagement with our office and report these connections regularly to College Relations through various methods including reports and banner entries.
- Communicate the needs of the CCD regularly to campus colleagues to continue to identify alumni and parents who would serve as company recruiting champions, mentors to students, or guest speakers as needed within our programs.
- Leverage our networks of alumni and parents to do onsite visits in a variety of methods such as panel discussions and industry focused networking events
- -Serve as lead staff support on career treks to major cities that connect groups of students with alumni and parents in their places of work, such as a Wall Street Trek in New York City and a Public Policy Trek in Washington, DC.
- -Create opportunities for industry visits within Charlotte and other local cities for onsite learning about possible companies and positions.
- Expand Center for Career Development (CCD) Employer Recruiting Initiatives
- Recruit companies for new job postings, On Campus Recruiting and information sessions, determining the best options for their relationship with our office and campus.
- Conduct employer visits to meet with potential new partners or to strengthen relationships with existing partners.
- Help to cover a share of the evening information sessions.
- Communicate regularly with companies who reach out to us to recruit and grow existing relationships with employers towards recruitment of new positions.
- Working within our under-populated job fields to find new employer partners and connections with applicable internships and jobs.
- Leading Employer Recruitment Diversity Initiatives: identifying and connecting to specific programs for students of color, LGBTQ populations and other special populations.
- Career Advising
- Serve in the team of Career Development advisers to help students of each class year in a variety of ways including resume reviews, networking strategies, cover letter development and getting started with a career search.
Bachelor’s degree required; minimum of three years experience in career development, experiential learning, recruiting, alumni affairs, fundraising, business development, external relations, or related fields.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of and a commitment to the liberal arts, and have the ability to develop ongoing relationships with corporate and non-profit leaders; establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students, alumni and parents; work independently on projects and function competently in a team environment; and have a proven record of multicultural and global competence.
In addition, skills and abilities must include:
- Ability to market Davidson College and its students to employers.
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license and comply with the University’s vehicle use policy.
- Familiarity with technology, particularly Microsoft Office and social networking tools.
- Ability to travel out-of-state, visit local employers, and work some evenings and weekends.
- Davidson is strongly committed to achieving excellence and cultural diversity, and welcomes applications from women, members of minority groups, and others who would bring additional dimensions to the college’s mission.
Master’s degree preferred.
Other skills and experiences beneficial to the position include:
- Demonstrated success in developing and stewarding relationships with a wide variety of constituencies. The ability to convert prospective employer organizations into active campus recruiters. This work must seek to maximize relationships with alumni and parents in particular.
- Demonstrated success in program management.
- Experience in strategic planning and implementation, segmentation analysis, and establishing metrics to assess outcomes and program assessment and evaluation.
- Strong oral, presentation and written professional communication skills.
- Experience in building collaborative teams.
- Personal characteristics required include creativity; a resourceful self-starter; strong planning skills; excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, exceptional attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks or projects simultaneously.
Application review process will begin the week of May 17, 2015. Applications received after this date will be accepted and reviewed as needed.
Davidson is strongly committed to achieving excellence and cultural diversity, and welcomes applications from women, members of minority groups, and others who would bring additional dimensions to the college’s mission.
Please see the full description and apply here: https://jobs.davidson.edu/