Assistant Director for Employer Relations
Center for Career Development
Davidson College, Davidson, NC
The Center for Career Development seeks an Assistant Director for Employer Relations to extend our abilities to connect with employers, alumni and parents to manage and further develop existing relationships and create others. The primary purpose of the role would be to manage and expand the recruiting efforts of outside companies and organizations through the Center for Career Development. The person in this position will oversee the on-campus recruiting and job postings in our system, will conduct employer visits to generate new internship and job opportunities, and be able to handle the growing technological needs of the CCD’s communication with internal and external partners.
Primary Responsibilities include:
Conduct and support outreach to potential, past and current employers leading to direct recruitment of Davidson students through Handshake:
- Conduct regular telephone and email outreach to current and past employers for the purpose of generating job postings and/or maintaining consistent communication.
- Make a number of site visits each year to prospective or existing employers to better connect, learn the businesses and look for new ways to bring opportunities back to our campus.
- Evaluate, approve and enter job postings in a timely fashion, making judgments as necessary as to the appropriateness of the position for Davidson College students. Maintain notes and contact information for employers in the Handshake system.
- Supervise student staff members involved in the evaluation and approval of job listings as well.
- Serve as a model for professional communication at all times through e-mail, telephone, and face-to-face communication with employers. Represent the office to employers in a variety of face-to-face settings on-campus and off.
Coordinate the scheduling and arrangements for employers and graduate schools around campus recruiting. (Includes employers seeking new hires for full-time positions, internships and summer employment.)
- Communicate with employers and help them to select the best opportunities to connect with Davidson students through on-campus visits.
- Reserve spaces for information sessions, information tables and on-campus recruiting.
- Assist with a number of office-based or intra-campus programs and their scheduling needs around interviews, including the Davidson Impact Fellows, the Entrepreneurship Internship Program and potentially others.
Enter accurate information into all relevant campus systems and calendars and support the marketing of events
- Create event listings for our recruiting system, Handshake, the EMS calendar system, the internal Career Development Calendar.
- Monitor the event placement in each of the above systems for accuracy and timely placement as necessary.
- Work with all members of the employer relations team to help market employer visits and workshops.
Plan, coordinate, promote and carry-out major events including Senior Salute and the Law School Fair.
- Serve as the primary resource for the Law School Fair participants with responsibility for registration, billing, tracking, distribution of materials and other needs.
- Communicate with the CCD leadership on the planning of these events including scheduling, coordination with campus partners, and other details as necessary.
Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred; Experience in employer relations, human resources, alumni relations, recruiting, executive search or a related field. Demonstrated success in developing and stewarding relationships. Experience in event planning and implementation, and establishing metrics to assess outcomes and program assessment and evaluation.
Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and comply with the University’s vehicle use policy. Ability to travel locally, visit local employers, and work some evenings and weekends.
Master’s degree highly preferred. Demonstrated success in developing and stewarding relationships with a wide variety of constituencies. The ability to convert prospective employer organizations into active campus recruiters. This work must seek to maximize relationships with alumni and parents in particular.
Demonstrated success in program management. Strong oral, presentation and written professional communication skills.
Familiarity with technology, particularly Microsoft Office and social networking tools.
Personal characteristics required include creativity; a resourceful self-starter; strong planning skills; excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, exceptional attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks or projects simultaneously.
Application review process will begin the week of July 6, 2015. Applications received after this date will be accepted and reviewed as needed.
Davidson is strongly committed to achieving excellence and cultural diversity, and welcomes applications from women, members of minority groups, and others who would bring additional dimensions to the college’s mission.
Please see the full description and apply here: https://jobs.davidson.edu/