The Assistant Director/Career Coach provides career coaching to students in undergraduate and graduate programs, as well as recent graduates, to maximize their career potential and readiness; conducts career development workshops and seminars on topics including self-assessment, resume development, interview preparation, and job search strategies; works closely with the Associate Director and a team of professional career coaches on all planning and future initiatives. Reports directly to Associate Director for Career Development.
• Knowledge of career development principles and possesses excellent coaching skills.
• Ability to interact with the public, students, faculty and other staff members to accomplish office goals.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Knowledge of current employment trends.
• Must be able to apply excellent judgment to make decisions and work independently.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to organize work tasks and establish priorities.
• Knowledge of leadership, work style, and personality tests is preferred.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
• Proficiency with relevant computer programs and database entry and management.
• Open, friendly personable attitude.
• Ability to manage a reasonable work load with occasional high-stress and fast-paced periods.
• Ability to work some evening and/or weekend hours as required.
For more information, visit UNC Greensboro job openings.
Elon University’s Student Professional Development Center (SPDC) is pleased to announce two fellowship positions to begin August 1. The individuals appointed to these full-time, 10-month positions will assist in all aspects of the operation but in particular focus on supporting staff with:
(1) career advising 1:1 appointments, classroom presentations, and employer relations;
(2) collaborating with Student Life to continue leading career programming initiatives;
(3) teaching Elon’s student “Transitions Strategies” courses (one credit hour weekly courses preparing students for their professional life after college);
(4) supporting Elon’s growing list of student professional development programming and events; and
(5) assisting with social media and other marketing efforts of the operation. Please visit the Elon University Careers blog for more information on the activities, lives, and professional growth of the 2018-2019 fellows and their SPDC colleagues at: https://eloncareersblog.wordpress.com. Search by “Career Fellows” tag for Fellowship content.
Each fellow will receive $1,500.00 per month as well as university housing and a meal stipend. Fellows are also granted funds for professional development (e.g. conferences and selected career assessment training/certifications) and opportunities for personal and professional growth such as Spanish language classes, and if selected, to participate in service learning programs (e.g. domestic and international alternative spring break trips). Please note: health insurance is not provided by Elon University for the fellowship.
Elon is a private university of approximately 6,000 undergraduate students and 1,000 graduate students, located in the heart of NC; 40-50 minutes from Raleigh/Durham, 25 minutes from Greensboro, and 2 hours from Charlotte. Elon University ranks #1 for teaching, innovation and academic excellence in U.S. News & World Report’s 2017 ‘America’s Best Colleges.’ The 2017 edition of “The Best 381 Colleges” guide recognizes Elon’s study abroad, career services (ranked in the top 20 in the nation by Princeton Review), performing arts and several other programs. Elon’s campus is a botanical garden and is frequently ranked one of the nation’s most beautiful campuses.
Upon starting the fellowship, candidates must have completed their graduate degree in a related field such as counseling, higher education administration, or human resources. Candidates must be able to commit to the full 10-month appointment to begin in August, including committing to living accommodations on-campus. Please note that we are unable to accommodate pets. Successful applicants must possess outstanding communication skills (interpersonal, written, and oral), the ability to effectively multi-task, strong attention to detail, a passion for learning, and a strong customer service orientation.
For more information visit: Elon University job openings.