The Assistant Director/Career Coach provides career coaching to students in undergraduate and graduate programs, as well as recent graduates, to maximize their career potential and readiness; conducts career development workshops and seminars on topics including self-assessment, resume development, interview preparation, and job search strategies; works closely with the Associate Director and a team of professional career coaches on all planning and future initiatives. Reports directly to Associate Director for Career Development.
• Knowledge of career development principles and possesses excellent coaching skills.
• Ability to interact with the public, students, faculty and other staff members to accomplish office goals.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Knowledge of current employment trends.
• Must be able to apply excellent judgment to make decisions and work independently.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to organize work tasks and establish priorities.
• Knowledge of leadership, work style, and personality tests is preferred.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
• Proficiency with relevant computer programs and database entry and management.
• Open, friendly personable attitude.
• Ability to manage a reasonable work load with occasional high-stress and fast-paced periods.
• Ability to work some evening and/or weekend hours as required.
For more information, visit UNC Greensboro job openings.