Virtual Conference Version
In an effort to expand interest and knowledge of the career counseling and college recruiting fields, and in order to encourage graduate students in relevant programs to assume a professional identity and leadership following graduation, NCACE has created a graduate student scholarship for the annual conference.
- Current graduate student in North Carolina or accepted into a related North Carolina graduate program at the time of application
- Interest in career services, recruiting, and/or human resources as a future career
- Commitment to professional development
- Availability to attend the 2021 Virtual Conference
- Letter of Interest (one-page limit) answering these questions: Why are you interested in attending the 2021 NCACE Annual Conference? What do you hope to gain by attending?
- Recommendation Letter (1) – from supervisor or professor
- If you are entering a graduate program for Fall 2021, you must provide a copy of your admittance letter or information to verify which school and program you are entering.
- Submit the documents detailed above to the NCACE 2021 Conference Graduate Student Scholarship Committee through this Google form by March 5, 2021.
- The scholarship recipient will be notified by March 15, 2021.
- The scholarship recipient will have until March 31, 2021 to accept the scholarship with the acknowledgement of their duties as a recipient.
- The scholarship recipient will then receive information about membership, conference registration, and virtual conference details.
Duties of Scholarship Recipient:
- Attend the virtual conference and participate in programs and breakout sessions
- Write a submission for the NCACE newsletter (within one month of the conference) describing their experience and what they learned.
- Do a Twitter Take-over during the conference, using social media to promote the conference activities
- Act as HopIn room host for at least one program during conference
Benefits for Scholarship Recipient:
- 1 year NCACE membership
- Conference Registration
- Networking opportunities