In an effort to expand interest and knowledge of the career counseling and college recruiting fields, and in order to encourage graduate students in relevant programs to assume a professional identity and leadership following graduation, NCACE has created a graduate student scholarship for the annual conference.
- Current graduate student in North Carolina or accepted into a related North Carolina graduate program at the time of application
- First time attendee at a NCACE Conference
- Interest in career services, recruiting, and/or human resources as a future career
- Commitment to professional development
- Availability to attend the Annual Conference on April 29-May 1, 2020, in Asheville, NC
- Letter of Interest (one-page limit) answering these questions: Why are you interested in attending the 2020 NCACE Annual Conference? What do you hope to gain by attending?
- Recommendation Letter (1) – from supervisor or professor
- If you are entering a graduate program for Fall 2020, you must provide a copy of your admittance letter or information to verify which school and program you are entering.
- Submit the documents detailed above to the NCACE 2020 Conference Graduate Student Scholarship Committee through this Google form by March 1, 2020.
- The scholarship recipient will be notified by March 13, 2020.
- The scholarship recipient will have until March 27, 2020 to accept the scholarship with the acknowledgement of their duties as a recipient.
- The scholarship recipient will then receive information about membership, conference registration, hotel accommodations, and conference details.
Duties of Scholarship Recipient:
- Attend the conference and participate in programs and breakout sessions
- Write a submission for the NCACE newsletter (within one month of the conference) describing their experience and what they learned.
- Do a Twitter Take-over during the conference, using social media to promote the conference activities
Benefits for Scholarship Recipient:
- 1 year NCACE membership
- Conference Registration Fee
- Hotel Accommodations (2 nights – Wednesday & Thursday)
- New Member Conference Buddy