[vc_row][vc_column][vc_custom_heading text=”NCACE Leadership Institute
The 2019 NCACE Leadership Institute will be held Thursday, January 30 and Friday, January 31 at Campus Greensboro. The application is now open and the deadline is Monday, December 2 . Please contact Karen Arrington with questions firstname.lastname@example.org.
NCACE values developing the “next generation” of leaders in the state. Recognizing that many of our members come from different backgrounds and, often times, do not have formal training in leading a career center or recruitment team, the NCACE Leadership Institute was created to provide a jump start to those seeking the next step in their careers.
The NCACE Leadership Institute is a 2-day intensive experience designed to provide members with the key strategies and techniques to effectively run an organization and to provide low-cost professional development for those who find themselves in a leadership role or have leadership aspirations. In this dynamic and collaborative Institute, participants will learn about common approaches, tools, and methods used by professionals across North Carolina for developing staff and sustainable organizations. This program is also intended to provide colleagues with professional development to add to their own careers.
This training is open to:
- All career services and employer members of NCACE
- Those with the ability and willingness to meet training program demands
- Individuals interested in progressing to the next level in career services or jumping into the profession
Sample Learning Modules:
- Foundations of Leadership
- Inclusive Leadership
- Strategic Planning Strategies
- Campus, State and Organizational Politics
- Leadership Panel Discussion: Cultivating Leadership, Operational Mindset, Staff Development & Strategic Partnerships
What participants say about the Leadership Institute:
- I really enjoyed the roundtable discussions. It was helpful to hear from my colleagues about their situations and techniques in approaching these situations.
- Many of the varied techniques and leadership styles that were discussed really resonated with me and I hope to utilize them in my own workplace.
- Since I am currently in the process of developing a strategic plan for my department, the Leadership Institute came at the perfect time. I came back to work feeling inspired to try new things, be more creative with my programming, and better equipped as a leader.
- Leadership Institute was awesome! I enjoyed meeting new folks in the profession and gaining tips on maximizing my impact as a leader. The sessions were great.
For more information, please email:
Karen Arrington (email@example.com)