2019 NCACE Awards – Nominations
Please nominate a colleague or industry leader for the 2019 NCACE awards. Below are descriptions of the annual awards, accompanied by a link to past award winners. Please fill out the 2019 Awards Nomination Form, nomination will be due by Friday, March 15th, 2019.
Furney K. James Outstanding Service Award
NCACE recognizes outstanding service rendered to the Association by an active member (or former member) of the Association. This award is based on organization involvement and commitment, eligibility demonstrated by one or more of the following attributes:
- A significant contribution to NCACE through participation at Association functions, volunteer leadership, mentoring, and participation
- Demonstrated leadership in NCACE for 5+ years
- Development of a model, creative program, or concept that impacts the Association
Outstanding Professional Award
NCACE recognizes significant contributions to the postsecondary career services and employment field by a current member of the Association. This award is based on organization involvement and commitment, eligibility demonstrated by one or more of the following attributes:
- Demonstrated exemplary leadership in the post-secondary career services and employment field
- Significant research, publication(s), and/or professional presentation(s) that have impacted the profession
- Development of a model, creative program, or applied professional concept that impacts the post-secondary career services and related fields
Outstanding Employer Award
NCACE recognizes service rendered to the Association by an employer member. This award is based on organization involvement and commitment, eligibility demonstrated by one or more of the following attributes:
- Continued membership in the Association for a minimum of 2+ years
- A significant contribution to the NCACE community through participation at NCACE functions
- Demonstrated leadership within the Association via conference events, workshops, visitations, etc providing thought leadership and dedicated volunteerism
- Participation in campus activities (job fair participation, leadership conferences, career seminars) of Association member institutions)
NCACE recognizes service rendered to the Association by an association member. This award is based on organization involvement and commitment, eligibility demonstrated by one or more of the following attributes:
- President’s Awards are given annually at the discretion of the sitting president to recognize individuals or organizations that have distinguished themselves by their service to the Association in ways of particular significance to the President during their tenure in office.
- Recipients of President’s Awards are not subject to the vote/approval of the Board of Directors and awarded annually at the sitting President’s discretion.
Lifetime Membership Award
Awarded at the Board’s discretion based upon nominations solicited, vetted and recommended by Awards Committee. Award is not, by definition, an annual award.
Honorary Life Membership is awarded to individuals who have made notable and significant contributions to the Association over the course of their active membership in NCACE. In order to be considered for Honorary Life Membership, an individual must have been active in the Association for at least 7 years, must no longer be eligible for active membership in the association because of retirement, job transition, or other similar reasons. Honorary Life Members are afforded all the rights and privileges of active members except the eligibility to vote on Association business matters or to hold office; however, Honorary Life Members may hold committee membership, be eligible to serve as committee chairs, and serve on committees in an ex-officio capacity.
There is no annual membership fee for Honorary Life Membership, however, Honorary Life Membership must be renewed annually. New Honorary Life Members are provided a complimentary conference registration the year in which they are officially recognized. All NCACE Honorary Life Members retain their Honorary Life Memberships in the Association as long as they renew this membership annually.